Share hope with others!

Monday, May 21, 2012

"Leaning on My Rock"


WORD:
"From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I. "  (Psalm 61:2)

DEVOTION:
When we are overwhelmed, it takes so much just to keep standing. I know that when I am physically overwhelmed, it takes all my energy just to walk to the nearest place to sit and rest. When I am mentally overwhelmed, I need to rest my brain and take a break from "thinking" so much. When I am emotionally overwhelmed, I need a place where I can break down and just cry, and release all the emotions I have had pent up inside.

Isn't it wonderful that we have a God - who is a Rock - that is higher than we are? He is strong when we are not. He is sturdy when we are ready to collapse. He lets us lean on Him when we are ready to fall down.

When your heart is overwhelmed, remember that Jesus' yoke is light, and He is always willing to exchange burdens with us. We just need to pray to God and ask for His hand in our heart, to bring rest and peace. I have felt strongest with God during my weakest hours, because that was when I was leaning on God as my Rock, and He helped me survive the storms and crashing waves in life.

"We can give thanks for everything because even the worst of situations will drive us right to God. And He promises that His peace will stand guard over us." —Buddy Riddle

PRAYER:
Dear God, You are strong, sturdy, and almighty. Thank you for being there as my Rock when my heart is overwhelmed and life seems to be crashing all around me. Please give me peace and rest when I feel like I can't get up anymore. Help me remember that You are always there for me to lean on when I feel heavy. Thank You for guiding me through the dark times of life even when I can't see you or feel your presence, but You are always there watching over me.

APPLICATION:
What is it that easily overwhelms you? Is it family problems, financial issues, personal stress? When you feel overwhelmed, take a "pause" each day with God and spend some time leaning on your Rock.

WORSHIP:
Shining - Phil Wickham

You guide me through the dark
You calm my fearful heart
I will rest in You
You give me perfect peace
You fill my deepest need
I will rest in You

God, shining like the sun
Let Your kingdom come

I want to be with You in Your presence
I'm here to give You praise
You take my breath away
And now I'm here with You in Your presence

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much of this reminder Chelsey. It is him that is always here for us no matter what. And if we remember that he has been threw all the trials and tribulation before we go threw them. At times it is still hard to remember this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, thank you for your message. I agree with you that sometimes it is hard to remember that He has already been through such pain and hardship. It is great to have hope and find strength in Him who has already conquered all, even death! Hope you are well :)
      Chelsey

      Delete