Share hope with others!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

"All who are Thirsty"


THE WORD:
"But whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”
John 4:14

DEVOTION:
Everyone knows that drinking water is important. It is essential to living and health. Our survival depends on how much water we drink. In movies and TV shows where people are stranded in unknown land, you watch them search for water and see their relief when they finally find a source.

Health officials say that people should be drinking at least eight glasses of clean water every day to maintain good health. For people who are on chemotherapy such as myself, we should be drinking even more water to help wash away the toxins in our body.

Water also helps determine the quality of life. There are many countries in the world who do not have instant available clean drinking water. Even in North America, there are places where water is being contaminated.

Jesus describes himself as "living water." He is the spiritual water that quenches our spiritual thirst and gives life. When you have this living water, you can survive anything that life brings you. You may be stranded in a desert of problems and illness, but Jesus' living water satisfies your spirit and gives you the will to continue and persist. This living water also helps you cleanse away toxins in your life such as pessimistic thinking, hurt feelings, and bitterness. Jesus' living water is available everywhere and at any time, you simple have to ask Him for His water, and He will pour it into your life and make you stronger.

Sometimes in life, we think that if a certain problem goes away, we will be happier. Some think, "If I didn't have this illness, I would be happier. If I was richer, I would be happier. If I had a nicer family, I would be happier. If I hadn't made that bad choice, I would be happier." Instead of asking God for all these problems to leave you, ask for His Living Water instead…to give you strength and wisdom to go through any problems you have. You may thirst for better health,  a better job, a better life…but  Jesus can satisfy every thirst in your life, so that you no longer seek these earthly things because Jesus has quenched your thirsts.

This Living Water is not a temporary solution, it's an eternal solution…His water gives you eternal life. And the joy that awaits you in eternity is so much more than everything you will face in this lifetime.

PRAYER:
Dear God, You are a wonderful and merciful Father. Thank You for your gift of eternal life through Your Son, and this gift of living water that satisfies every thirst in my life. I confess that sometimes I have sought to satisfy my thirst in other places. I ask You now to bless me with Your living water, to quench all the thirsts in my life so that the only thing I have left to desire is more of You.

APPLICATION:
Are you thirsty for certain things in life? Have you tried to satisfy this thirst in an earthly way or through God's fountain of life?

WORSHIP:
"All who are Thirsty" - Kutless

No comments:

Post a Comment